Wednesday, December 30, 2009

In 20 Years? In 30 Years? In 50 Years?

Dear God,

I am beginning to learn more about who I am in this world and how much you require of me. Lord I talk to people who used to profess you as their Lord... God how did they lose sight of who you are? God I never want to leave you and I'm sure they didn't want to either when they were my age. God please keep me in your hand. I know how weak I am. I know how deceiving this world is. I know that you are a God that loves me so much you are prepared to help me kill sin. I need you so much God. I don't want to end up without you. God you are Holy, Holy, Holy. You are almighty. You are so worthy of my life. Please help me to love you so that I might be bonded to you stronger than super duper glue. Help me to cleave to you. I want to sing your praises, your name with joy. God please. Please don't let me wander away. God I pray for those who lost sight of you to focus their eyes on Jesus. His love is so pure and so intense. It burns with passion for us... and we brush it off. Please forgive us Christ. Thank you for what YOU DO. What we do won't matter. Only what is done for you will matter. God I love you, but please do not let my flesh lead me away from you. Father don't leave me. In 20 years I want to be the man that you want me to be. Help me to prepare my life for you. In 30 years I want to serve you with joy. In 50 years I want to love you with all my mind, strength, and soul, and being. I want to love you so much Lord. Thank you God. When I die as all humans will... I want to hear your warm voice wrap around me saying well done good and faithful servant. Right now Lord I know I am not that good and faithful servant, but I will not let this hinder me from following you. Holy Spirit please come upon me and fill me till I'm pouring out more and more of you. God I give you my life. Not for people to be impressed. Not for the sake of my pride. God I want my aim to be to please you. Make me humble Lord. Take my life and grow me in your ways.

Yearning for God
E.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment