Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pride

Put to death the deeds of the flesh.
The root of all sin is pride and money.
The reason why we are prideful is because we believe that we are sufficient for all our needs.
We are not sufficient for all our needs.

Why do people commit suicide when they are surrounded by an unending loneliness?
Why do we cry when we don't know the answer to a problem?
Why are people stubborn even when an answer is clear in there face.
The answer: Pride.

Put to death the deeds of the flesh.
We must not rely on ourselves because it always leads to one thing.
death.Eternal suffering. Eternal loneliness. Eternal regret. Eternal death.

We must put to death the deeds of the flesh.
The fruit of the spirit is love peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness.
These are all produced outside of pride.
Pride will not let you produce this fruit.
Only the Holy Spirit can allow you and sufficiently provide for you the power to kill pride.
God is willing to give you the Holy Spirit.
But it is only given to those who ask for it faithfully and seek after it.

... God I am prideful. Lord you hate prideful people. Why would a six legged ant be prideful in its strength. In the same way you laugh and scoff at my foolish ways. Look at me i'm disgusting...regardless your grace abounds all the more. Regardless your love is shown all the more. Regardless your glory extends further than ever before. Your plans are amazing lord. Even in my sin you chose me. God take my pride. Take my sin. I give you my life. I love you God. Let the Church flourish in love for each other. Let the Church flourish for love for you THE GIVER not the gifts. There are many Christians who are fooled into thinking they are Christians... God please, please open there eyes. Christ is the legitimate king who deserves our lives and praise. Lord you uphold the entire universe by the word of your power. thank you. Kill our pride. Help us to mortify our pride. sin must be put down at its roots and pride is the my root sin.

I thank you God for the substitution and the grace given. Let me live my life according to your word. Praise be to the living,loving,eternal God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment